11 February 2014, Vol.1, No.4 > The 2014 Campaign Issues for County Commission
The POCAHONTAS CRIER
(Part of The Crier Coalition of Internet News Services comprised of
The Pocahontas Commentator, The Pocahontas Crier,
Signal Fires of WV & Echoes from the Holl’r)
The UNITED CAMPAIGN for COUNTY COMMISSION (UCCC) – joins Norman Lee Alderman (Republican, Southern District) with Patti Heinemann (Democrat, Northern District) to give the Citizens of Pocahontas County a FRESH START with two known Christian, Moral & Righteous persons on the County Commission at the same time! Together they can implement the following in 2015 for the betterment of all Citizens of Pocahontas County:
2014 CAMPAIGN ISSUES TO BEGIN IN JANUARY 2015:
1. Clean-up the Pocahontas County Solid Waste Authority (PCSWA) – End all Lawsuits, Expunge all Judgments & Liens – and Exempt all persons on SS, SSD, and other qualified fixed-incomes pursuant to State Law!
2. End the ‘Poverty Preservation Society’ – replace the ‘Greenbrier Valley Economic Development Corporation’ (GVEDC) with a new ‘Pocahontas County Development Authority’ (PCDA) comprised of rank & file Citizens!
3. Turn the Public Land in Green Bank into a Tourist Park – NOT into any open-pits & tanks filled with raw-human-sewage-waste – our environment is too valuable to waste!
4. Create a ‘RESORT AREA DISTRICT’ (RAD) for Snowshoe & Silver Creek with ‘checks & balances’, or let them incorporate, and if they cannot overcome their current massive $1.5 Billion debt – then let the State of West Virginia revoke their charter, take over operations and delegate those operations to the county government to administer accordingly as a CO-OP – we have more than enough folks already trained in this county to operate Snowshoe & Silver Creek for the mutual benefit of all!
5. Establish a Board of Inquiry to study the feasibility of having ‘Cell Phone’ service for the entire county & obtain another communication company to compete with Frontier!
6. Establish a Board of Inquiry to study the feasibility of having renewable ‘Wind Turbine’ electricity-service for the entire county – the income to the county would be ‘forever’!
7. Order an annual Audit & Certified Budget from all government agencies in the county – pursuant to Federal Law – it’s a requirement ignored by the current county commission!
8. Order a list & certified accounting for all county-owned land so all Citizens will know the status thereof for proper county wealth & development!
9. Establish a Referendum for providing excess county funds, if any, to county organizations that are not county agencies!
10. Establish ‘Public Works’ projects where feasible for the
mutual benefit of all concerned within this county – such
as compiling a list of all available carpenters, plumbers, electricians, cement-masons, roofers, and similarly talented persons – including persons willing to assist Senior Citizens inside their homes with cleaning & such & using an industry ‘Living-Wage’ pay-scale for each profession; including employing as many persons as necessary to REBUILD MARLINTON for just the ‘Cost-of-Materials’ & the ‘Cost-of-Labor’, without having to pay any interest / usury to any bank or financial predatory-lender!
11. Order an inquiry & inventory to list all underground
storage tanks for their structural integrity, location, and
removal away from all streams, ponds, river banks &
flood plains accordingly – our collective health & safety
is too important than risking toxins into our common
12. Provide a legal analysis for each elected & appointed
person working for the county pursuant to their
statutory duties & responsibilities that fall under the
oversight of the County Commission so that no one will
ever have an excuse not to follow the law and carry out
their duties from this point forward!
13. NO ‘FRACKING’ in this County – EVER! Pure, Clean
Water is too precious to ever risk polluting with toxic-
chemicals – especially in a county which boasts to being
the ‘Headwater’ for ‘Eight-Rivers’ – bottling pure, clean
water should become the #1 business within Pocahontas
County – therefore all persons with natural spring water
will be invited to join in a CO-OP consortium to bottle &
sell these waters – and live happily-ever-after!
14. Full support for the Pocahontas County Humane Society – a ‘NO KILL’ – animal shelter – that also subsidizes persons on fixed-incomes & share the expense for neutering or spaying for all household pets – therefore as a county agency, they deserve the full support of the county commission!
The Pocahontas Crier is an independent Internet News Service that has so far endorsed two candidates for County Commission, one a Republican & the other a Democrat – in addition to providing in depth news reporting on important issues directly effecting the Citizens of Pocahontas County!
IF YOU are registered to vote as a Republican, you can vote for Norman Lee Alderman in the Primary Election on 13 May 2014 – or IF YOU are registered to vote as a Democrat, you can vote for Patti Heinemann in the primary election on 13 May 2014 – but if you are not registered to vote, then you must register to vote on or before 22 April 2014 – and if you are registered to vote, but with no party affiliation, then you MUST REQUEST LOUD & CLEAR either a Republican or Democrat ballot on Primary Day & since Norman is unopposed, he recommends that you requests a Democrat ballot to vote for Patti so that this county can again have an Honest & Just commission!
Send comments & suggestions to: The Pocahontas Crier at firstname.lastname@example.org & if you wish to financially assist, kindly send
all campaign contributions to: The United Campaign for County Commission (UCCC), c/o Citizens for Common Sense Alternatives (CCSA), a registered Political Action Committee, 7837 Wesley Chapel Road, Green Bank, West Virginia 24944-9063 ▼ Phone: 1.304.456.4565 or 3282 (also fax)