13 MAY 2014, Vol.1, No.50 > PRIMARY ELECTION DAY IS FINALLY HERE – WILL WE GET WHAT WE DESERVE?
The POCAHONTAS CRIER
‘When the Righteous succeed the people rejoice,
But when the bad govern, men groan!’ – Proverbs 29:2
[New Email address: email@example.com]
PRIMARY ELECTION DAY IS FINALLY HERE – WILL WE GET WHAT WE DESERVE?
Since mid-January 2014 nine candidates have filed for a seat on the County Commission – four Democrats for the Northern District, and three Democrats for the Southern District – along with one Republican for the Northern District & one Republican for the Southern District! As far as the Editorial Staff of The Pocahontas Crier is concerned, only two-candidates have stood head & shoulders above the rest by publishing 15 POINTS, as Steps, to restore PROGRESS & PROSPERITY once again to Pocahontas County! They are NORMAN LEE ALDERMAN (Rep-SD) & PATTI HEINEMANN (Dem-ND)! Of all the candidates, these two have shown the courage & integrity, and moral-fortitude to tell the TRUTH as they see it to change the direction of this county for the betterment of everyone by pledging to always place…
THE GREATER COMMON GOOD BEFORE SELF
OR ANY SPECIAL INTERESTS!
Now it’s up to YOU THE VOTER to vote for the candidates that you think you deserve and will put you first before themselves or any special interests!
As we see it from here, these are the best choices for a better government from the top down:
For U.S. Senator > NATALIE TENNANT
For U.S. House of Representatives > NICK J. RAHALL, II
For State Senator > GREGORY A. TUCKER
For Members of House of Delegates > BILL HARMAN &
DENISE L. CAMPBELL
For State Executive Committee > JULIA R. STEVENSON &
For State Executive Committee > ELLIS S. FRAME III &
County Commission – ND > PATTI HEINEMANN
County Commission – SD > SHAY HUFFMAN
County Commission – SD > NORMAN LEE ALDERMAN
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
15 POINTS to Restore Progress & Prosperity
to Pocahontas County!
1. FIRE ED RILEY! Demand a full accounting! Clean-up the Pocahontas County Solid Waste Authority (PCSWA) by appointing ALL NEW MEMBERS that will follow the law – End all Lawsuits & Expunge all Judgments & Liens – and Exempt all persons on fixed-incomes pursuant to State Law!
2. FIRE THE GVEDC! End the ‘Poverty Preservation Society’ – replace the ‘Greenbrier Valley Economic Development Corporation’ (GVEDC) with a new ‘Pocahontas County Development Authority (PCDA) comprised of rank & file Citizens who want good clean businesses!
3. REBUILD FORT WARRICK! Turn the Public Land in Green Bank into a Tourist Park – NOT into ‘open-pits & tanks’ filled with raw-human-sewage-waste – our environment is too valuable to waste!
4. FIRE DONALD TRUMP! Reject a Snowshoe Resort Area District (SRAD)! The proposed Snowshoe-RAD will NOT PROTECT the existing ‘home-owners’ from the massive $1.5 BILLION-DEBT; The Best Solution is to let the State of West Virginia revoke the Snowshoe Mountain, Inc. (SMI) charter, take over ‘Receivership’ and turn all day to day operations over to this county to administer accordingly in a ‘Workers CO-OP’ whereby 60% of profits go to the State Treasury & 40% remains for the employees to SHARE THE WEALTH for them-selves and this county – we have more than enough folks already trained in this county to operate Snowshoe & Silver Creek for the mutual benefit of all!
Otherwise there will be no end to what DONALD TRUMP will demand to increase profits – and his first will be to build a four-lane right down the middle of the valley along Rt. 92 to connect I-64 in Lewisburg with Corridor-H in Elkins – and if that happens, Pocahontas will be RIPPED APART & destroyed forever!
5. Establish ‘Cell Phone’ service for the entire county, and obtain other communication companies to end the monopoly of Frontier Communications!
6. Establish renewable ‘Wind Turbine’ electricity-service for the entire county – produce new jobs & increase the tax-base to the county – ‘forever’!
7. Order an annual Audit & Certified Budget from all government agencies in the county – pursuant to Federal Law – it’s a requirement ignored by the current county commission!
8. Order a listing & certified accounting for all county-owned land – so all Citizens will know the true status thereof for proper county wealth & development!
9. Establish a Referendum – for providing county funds to county organizations that are not county agencies!
10. Establish ‘Public Works’ projects where & when feasible for the mutual benefit of all concerned – comprised of all available people – including persons willing to assist Senior Citizens inside their homes – paying a ‘Living-Wage’ pay-scale for each profession – Projects
include: Completion of Durbin Library; Covered Pavilion for Farmers CO-OP; relocating residents out-of-floodplain;
rebuilding businesses who wish to stay in Marlinton; and repair & replacement for county infra-structures – all can be done for just the ‘Cost-of-Materials’ & the ‘Cost-of-Labor’, without having to pay any interest/usury to any bank or financial predatory-lender!
11. Establish an Inventory List of all underground Storage Tanks – for their structural integrity, location & removal away from all streams, ponds, river banks & flood plains!
12. Provide a legal analysis for each elected & appointed person working for the county pursuant to their statutory duties & responsi- bilities – for all that fall under the oversight of the County Commis- sion so that no one will ever have an excuse not to follow the law and carry out their duties from this point forward!
13. NO ‘FRACKING’ in this County – EVER! Pure, Clean Water is too precious to ever risk polluting with toxic-chemicals – especially in a county which boasts to being the ‘Headwater’ for ‘Eight-Rivers’ – bottling pure, clean water should become the #1 business within Pocahontas County – therefore all persons with natural spring water will be invited to join the Pocahontas Pure Water CO-OP to bottle & sell pure water – SHARE IN THE PROSPERITY and live happily-ever-after!
14. Full support for the Pocahontas County Humane Society – a ‘NO KILL’ – animal shelter – that also subsidizes persons on fixed-incomes & shares the expense for neutering or spaying of all household pets – therefore as a county agency, they deserve the full support of the county commission!
15. NO ‘BIRTHPLACE OF RIVERS NATIONAL MON-UMENT’ PARK NEEDED HERE! – such a ‘designation’ would eliminate almost 40% of the federally-owned public land that we now all have access to use – unless we are willing to pay a ‘toll’ to use the campsites and drive the Scenic Highway – and be occupied by a new ‘federal-police-force’ wanting to see ‘our papers & permits’, etc.!
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
In closing, as this campaign for county commission comes to a close for the PRIMARY ELECTION – the Choices we make to restore a Moral & Righteous local government is more crucial now than ever before since this is the first time in our lifetime that we can elect TWO CANDIDATES at the same time and thereby directly effect the direction of this county beginning in January 2015!
The fight for SOCIAL JUSTICE is never-ending – and those that fight are always ‘Brothers-in-Arms’!
May Our Creator Bless your Choices according to what is deserving for Righteousness Sake!
THIS TIME…there’s no excuse…
IT’S YOUR CHOICE…
TO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER!
Just say ‘NO’ to those who want to keep this county in Poverty & Pauperism
– and –
Just say ‘YES’ to real Progress & Prosperity for the future!
On Primary Day – YOU have a chance to elect two persons that will always put YOU first! They know that:
THE GREATER COMMON GOOD ALWAYS COMES BEFORE SELF OR ANY SELF-SERVING SPECIAL INTERESTS!
Keep up to Date – Stay tuned to these Websites:
► IF YOU are registered to vote as a Republican, you can
Vote for Norman Lee Alderman in the Primary Election
on 13 May 2014;
► IF YOU are registered to vote as a Democrat, you can
Vote for Patti Heinemann in the primary election on
13 May 2014;
► If you are registered to vote, but with no party
affiliation, then you must request Loud & Clear either
a Republican or Democrat ballot on Primary Day when
you go to the polls; &
► Since Norman is unopposed, he recommends that you
request a Democrat ballot to vote for Patti so that this
county can again have an Honest & Just county
► Early Voting is from 30 April 2014 to 10 May 2014 – so
Vote Early & avoid the rush!
The Pocahontas Crier is an independent Internet News Service that has so far endorsed two candidates for County Commission
– one a Republican & the other a Democrat –
in addition to providing in depth news reporting on important issues directly affecting the Citizens of Pocahontas County!
Email comments & suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
[Our apologies for any & all inconveniences for NEW EMAIL]
If you wish to financially assist, kindly send all campaign contributions to: The United Campaign for County Commission (UCCC), c/o Citizens for Common Sense Alternatives (CCSA), a registered Political Action Committee, 7837 Wesley Chapel Road, Green Bank, West Virginia 24944-9063
Phone: 1.304.456.4565 or 3282 (also fax)
[The Pocahontas Crier is part of The Crier Coalition of Internet News Services comprised of The Pocahontas Commentator, The Pocahontas Crier, Signal Fires of WV, Rolling Thunder & Echoes from the Holl’r.]