04 MAY 2014, Vol.1, No.41 > THE REALITIES v. THE MYTHS of PROGRESS & PROSPERITY!
The POCAHONTAS CRIER
‘When the Righteous succeed the people rejoice,
But when the bad govern, men groan!’ – Proverbs 29:2
[New Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org]
THE REALITIES v. THE MYTHS
of PROGRESS & PROSPERITY!
An Honest Program for Progress & Prosperity
The ISSUES for the County Commission election in this county were set by the entry of NORMAN LEE ALDERMAN (Rep-SD) and PATTI HEINEMANN (Dem-ND) when immediately after their respective filing as candidates they posted a 15 POINT ‘United Program’ to ‘End the Poverty Preservation Society’ (PPS), i.e., those who continually place themselves and their special interests above the Greater Common Good; and to restore PROGRESS & PROSPERITY once again to Pocahontas County! It has been an uphill struggle since PPS has been entrenched in this county for the past four-decades, that’s an entire generation, and what has occurred? Our county population has SHRUNK in half! Businesses have failed! And thousands-of-jobs have disappeared! And what was the main cause of this over all Decline? GREED! See Parts I & II, Vol.1-Nos.5 & 6, of Crier Archives! As set forth, a handful of persons have taken as much as they could FOR THEMSELVES and left the rest of us to struggle for the crumbs! That’s why when ‘Bad-Men govern – the People Grown!’
The real irony of this commissioner election so far is that some of the 15-Issues first set forth by Norman & Patti are now being COPIED & REPEATED in clichés & rhetoric by some of the other candidates in one form or another – like getting countywide ‘Cell-Phone & Broadband service, ‘No Fed-Land-Grab, & No Fracking’ & ‘Removal of Storage Tanks in any floodplain’, etc.! However, the other candidates have remained SILENT when it comes to putting an END TO SELF-SERVING SPECIAL INTERESTS!
Only Norman & Patti have agreed to a joint-program to restore Progress & Prosperity to this county, with the following policies:
(1) FIRE ED RILEY! – Change the county solid waste authority to End the Lawsuits & Expunge all Judgments & Liens; and provide EXEMPTIONS for all those on a ‘fixed-income’;
(2) FIRE THE GVEDC! – End the ‘Poverty Preservation Society’ that ‘steals’ in excess of $250,000 from this county each year; AND establish a new county development authority;
(3) FIRE DONALD TRUMP! – Prevent his Snowshoe Resort Area District (SRAD) from stealing the ‘Equity’ from existing homeowners; or passing his massive $1.5 Billion Debt onto this county; or requiring a four-lane through this county from I-64 to Corridor-H that will rip the county in half;
(4) REBUILD FORT WARRICK! – Restore the pre-colonial fort with Indian Village & turn Green Bank land into a ‘Tourist Park’ with boardwalk through wetlands as done at Cranberry Glades;
(5) PURE WATER CO-OP! – Make bottling Pure Water the #1 business for all who have Natural Spring Water – to increase family incomes – and Share in the Wealth that Our Creator has provided to us – and forever prevent ‘fracking’ from destroying our county fresh water supply;
(6) ‘WIND TURBINES’ – For renewable Clean Energy that will provide new income & permanent jobs for the county forever;
(7) PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS! – The county-funds taken by the GVEDC & given to High Rocks alone could annually provide new ‘JOBS’ for about 20 persons at the ‘Living-Wage’ of $15 p/hour for projects that would benefit All Citizens; and,
(8) FULL SUPPORT FOR HUMANE SOCIETY! – The service that the County Humane Society does for animals & people is second to none as they assist in the expenses for neutering or spaying household pets whether abandoned or adopted.
See a full comparison in Vol.1-No.34, Crier Archives.
Comparing The Realities v. The Myths
What has been ironic about the commissioner election is how several candidates have espoused that ‘FARMING’ will somehow bring this county back to Prosperity – when in fact it has been the failure of ‘farming’ that has lead to the Poverty & Pauperism now found throughout the county! Why? Because it takes 4 – 5 ‘SUCCESSFUL FARMS’ to support EACH small business – and that does not mean supporting each local gas-station/convenience store – it means supporting the businesses that supply the food, clothing & shelter needed for a successful rural community!
The Economic Wheel of Life consists of the following:
· Real Wealth comes from Farming (Livestock & Produce) & Mining (Minerals) – that serve as the raw materials for:
· Manufacturing of products & services – that require:
· Transportation to move products & services – and that requires:
· Trucks & Automobiles that requires transporting farm & mining production to manufacturing plants, and then to retail stores – and that then requires workers to have proper:
· Housing in order to be near their employment – in community development – and proper housing requires:
· Financing to make housing affordable – and that requires:
· Government who’s First Duty, at all levels, is to protect the basic necessities of food, clothing & shelter for its Citizens and not the highest possible profits for moneylenders & profiteers – and that means placing THE COMMON GOOD BEFORE SELF OR ANY SPECIAL INTERESTS!
A rural ‘Farming’ community therefore needs foresight, cooperation, and the awareness of knowing its fragile & delegate nature – that’s why before automobiles & good roadways – most of this county survived in little ‘hamlets’ with their own schoolhouse, church & community store THAT THEY COULD WALK TO – and they survived on their own garden-crops and livestock! Therefore, IF ‘farming’ is as prosperous as some candidates have made it sound – then why isn’t this county thriving & growing instead of shrinking in population & pauperism?
The REALITY is this: Most folks don’t farm anymore and to expect folks to engage in ‘farming’ – whether with livestock or produce – and have a successful income & middleclass lifestyle instead of poverty & pauperism – and ‘sell local’ – is a vicious-deception! Folks on a ‘fixed-income’ have to live on less than$15K – $20K per/year, if they are married, let alone in excess of $20,000 p/yr. – even if working for Snowshoe at ‘minimum-wages’! So how then can any ‘small farming family’ make that much money needed for a whole year by selling produce or meat-products for one month at harvest time? That’s THE MYTH! The REALITY therefore is quite the opposite of The Myth!
An Easier Solution for Everyone!
The proposed program that NORMAN & PATTI have suggested WILL WORK for everyone with Natural Spring Water on their land in which the spring has a steady flow for six months or more! The water is collected in ‘tanks’, emptied as needed by ‘tank-trucks’ (similar to what dairy farmers do), then the water is filtered & bottled accordingly and each member of the CO-OP SHARES IN THE WEALTH!
This proposal is not only simple & affordable – but will provide each owner of a Natural Spring a STEADY INCOME to supplement any other income, including those on a ‘fixed-income’ up to $1000 per/month! And secondly, it will employ untold numbers of persons at this point who must ‘test the water’ at each spring, at the plant before & after filtration, etc. Plus office personnel, plant managers, finished product warehouse handlers, shipper/receivers, and both long & short haul truck drivers, etc., etc.! LOTS OF NEW JOBS IN A CLEAN INDUSTRY!
Finally, as for ‘farming’, instead of a ‘united-effort’, as done in a CO-OP, most farms in this county act independent of anyone else & raise livestock for which they pay around $250 per/head in the Spring, raise on mountain grass, and sell in the fall for around $650 each, for example, so they know in advance that their ‘farm income’ is limited – since the big-money is made on feed-lots prior to slaughter! So how many cows can be raised on about 300 acres of land?
Now compare that for example to a produce farm whereby the same 300 acres can produce in excess of 3,000,000 (three-million) pounds of potatoes, and the income is close to $1-million – and you can see the difference immediately between a ‘SUCCESSFUL’ farming community compared to our current rural ‘livestock-society’! In Maine, for example, the world’s leading potato ‘SEED-STOCK’ state, each Second-Grader is given a seed-stock-potato to raise and keep notes & measurements, etc., in order to realize the great potential in the raw-food production industry. Is Pocahontas County ready to add that to its educational curriculum? Here, ‘farming’ is an ‘elective’, not part of the regular curriculum – and then we wonder why we are suffering while the State of Maine is prospering by raising seed-stock potatoes for an average of 90-days – on farms as big as the whole of Pocahontas County – while we here continue to look for answers – when we have a growing season whereby we could produce TABLESTOCK potatoes for market after 110 – 120-days! In Maine, there is a ‘Credit Bank’ that works with all farmers according to the amount of produce their land will produce – ‘Credit Banks’, unlike commercial banks, do NOT indebt every asset a farmer owns to run a farm! Here in West Virginia there has not been a loan for a produce farm for more almost 75 years since WV forfeited and no longer has a ‘Credit Bank’!
Add to Bottling Pure Water from Natural Springs, county-wide ‘Cell Phone’ service; ‘Wind Turbines’ & ‘Public Works Projects’ – and we as a community can create the cash-flow that can actually rebuild a thriving ‘farming community’ once again whereby 4 – 5 successful small farms can actually support each small business!
THIS TIME…there’s no excuse…
IT’S YOUR CHOICE…
TO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER!
Just say ‘NO’ to those who want to keep this county in Poverty & Pauperism
– and –
Just say ‘YES’ to real Progress & Prosperity for the future!
On Primary Day – YOU have a chance to elect two persons that will always put YOU first! They know that:
THE GREATER COMMON GOOD ALWAYS COMES BEFORE SELF OR ANY SELF-SERVING SPECIAL INTERESTS!
Keep up to Date – Stay tuned to these Websites:
► IF YOU are registered to vote as a Republican, you can
Vote for Norman Lee Alderman in the Primary Election
on 13 May 2014;
► IF YOU are registered to vote as a Democrat, you can
Vote for Patti Heinemann in the primary election on
13 May 2014;
► If you are registered to vote, but with no party
affiliation, then you must request Loud & Clear either
a Republican or Democrat ballot on Primary Day when
you go to the polls; &
► Since Norman is unopposed, he recommends that you
request a Democrat ballot to vote for Patti so that this
county can again have an Honest & Just county
► Early Voting is from 30 April 2014 to 10 May 2014 – so
Vote Early & avoid the rush!
The Pocahontas Crier is an independent Internet News Service that has so far endorsed two candidates for County Commission
– one a Republican & the other a Democrat –
in addition to providing in depth news reporting on important issues directly affecting the Citizens of Pocahontas County!
Email comments & suggestions to: email@example.com
[Our apologies for any & all inconveniences for NEW EMAIL]
If you wish to financially assist, kindly send all campaign contributions to: The United Campaign for County Commission (UCCC), c/o Citizens for Common Sense Alternatives (CCSA), a registered Political Action Committee, 7837 Wesley Chapel Road, Green Bank, West Virginia 24944-9063
Phone: 1.304.456.4565 or 3282 (also fax)
[The Pocahontas Crier is part of The Crier Coalition of Internet News Services comprised of The Pocahontas Commentator, The Pocahontas Crier, Signal Fires of WV, Rolling Thunder & Echoes from the Holl’r.]